Studio Policies & COVID-19 Management
Help us maintain a professional, respectful, and safe environment by honoring our studio policies and safety guidelines.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we navigate new COVID-19 health and safety regulations.
We are serious about your health and safety! Here are the steps we have taken to ensure every experience at Form & Movement Pilates is safe, professional and seamless as possible.
- Performed Risk Assessments as per OSHA guidelines
- Prepared a COVID-19 Response Plan as per CDC guidelines and provided training to all instructors on new health and safety procedures
- Posted CDC approved signs around studio to encourage healthy hygiene habits
- For all in-studio classes, improved air ventilation and frequent changes of air filters at all studios
- Stocked new CDC approved cleaning products and protective gear including a UV disinfectant light.
- Increased the frequency of our cleaning schedule to include cleaning and disinfecting between every class by instructors and clients.
Inside the studio clients are kindly requested to:
- Wear a face covering & have it with you at all times
- Respect physical distancing guidelines
- Be prepared to have your temperature taken at the door
- Socks only to be worn past the lobby
- Use hand sanitizing stations set up inside the studio to wash hands before and after class
- Teach in a face covering
- Wash hands before and after class
- Set up Mats and Pilates machines within physical distancing guidelines
- Will assist clients in cleaning any mats, props and machines touched durning the session (as is our usual practice).
Class Reservation Late Cancellation Policy
We understand life can be hectic and unpredictable. Out of respect for all clients and our small class sizes, Form & Movement honors a generous but strict 6 hour cancellation policy for all group class reservations. In order to avoid the loss of a session or being charged a late cancellation fee, please be sure to cancel your class reservation using the MindBody APP at least 6 hours prior to class start time.
A no-show is assumed 10 minutes past the start of class and will automatically result in the loss of that class or session and a late cancellation fee.
Private Session Cancellation Policy
Our studio works with a strict but standard 24 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel a private appointment less than 24 hours before the reservation, that session will be forfeit. If you need to make a scheduling change, please contact the studio via email: email@example.com or text message at (562)357-3747 before the 24 hour window to avoid the loss of that session. A no-show is assumed 10 minutes past the scheduled start time and will automatically result in the loss of that session. Regardless of the arrival time, the session will end on schedule.
Duet Session Cancellation Policy
The 24 hour cancellation policy is the same for duet partners as Private sessions. If your partner cancels less than 24 hours before your scheduled session, you will be offered the opportunity to either take a 30 min private session, or pay the difference and upgrade to a full hour private session.
We offer both month-to-month and minimum term memberships. All Membership contracts have a monthly auto-pay obligation. Which means, a reoccurring payment will be deducted on the same day each month from the credit card on file according to the terms of that Membership. All Memberships are non-transferable (can not be shared) and automatically renew at the end of each contract term.
Bring a friend! Members are encouraged to use their Guest Passes to bring a new guest with you to class. Your guest passes must be used for a ‘new guest’ to the studio who will attend class with you. Please call (562) 357-3747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to reserve your guests’ spot in class. (A ‘new guest’ is a person who has never attended a class in the studio or has not attended classes in 12 months.)
Contract Freeze Benefit Policy
Going away for a while? Members have the benefit of placing their Membership on hold or freeze for a month. Membership contracts with a term of 6 months or more may be frozen (put on hold) for a month with a written request to email@example.com (no phone requests will be accepted). Requests to freeze contract benefits must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the regularly scheduled payment. There are no partial month credits, suspensions or holds. A membership freeze will extend the renewal date of the contract by as many months.
To cancel a Membership contract please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone requests will be accepted). Cancellation requests must be made at least 2 weeks (and no more than 30 days) prior to the next scheduled renewal. There are no partial month credits, suspensions or holds.
Early Termination Policy
Any monthly Membership contract of 6 months or more is subject to an early termination fee as laid out in each contract agreement.
Classes & Private Sessions
Group classes and Private sessions are 50 – 55 minutes in length. A full hour may be blocked out on the schedule which includes time for cleaning and to ensure a smooth transition in and out of class. Out of respect for everybody’s schedule, classes and private sessions will start and end on time regardless of arrival time.
We kindly ask that all clients remove their shoes in the lobby, use cubbies to store personal items and wear grip socks during all in-studio workouts. Clients will not be permitted to use studio loops barefoot. Clients are welcome to bring their own Pilates loops to their sessions.
Late Arrival Etiquette
Please arrive early for a smooth check-in experience. If you anticipate being late, please email email@example.com call or text (562) 357-3747. For your safety, if you arrive more than 5 minutes late, you will not be permitted to join class. A no-show is assumed 10 minutes past the scheduled start time and will automatically result in the loss of that session and possible fee. Regardless of the arrival time, the session will end on schedule.
Our system will automatically add you to class if a spot becomes available up until one hour before the scheduled class time. If you anticipate you will not be able to attend and have not yet been added to class, please remove yourself from the waitlist online using your MindBody software login. You will receive an email confirmation when you have been added to class from the waitlist. Out of respect for our clients, instructors, and your safety, if you are 5 minutes late and we have not received an email from you, your spot will be given to a waitlisted client. If you have been added to class from the waitlist, standard cancellation policies apply.
Consent to Hands on Adjustments
Consent is a requirement of tactile feedback and physical touch. All clients have the right to consensual practice. Clients will be given the option in every class to anonymously give consent for hands on adjustments.
Refunds & Expirations
All sales are final.
- Services Return Policy – Refunds will be issued in case of a merchant processing software error, or if a Form & Movement Pilates team member incorrectly processes a sale on the client’s behalf. A studio account credit will be issued for the amount paid if the client incorrectly processes a sale, or has a change of mind. All return requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the sale.
- Sales Return Policy Refunds or exchanges will only be issued on retail merchandise that is deemed defective.
Session Expiration Policy
All classes and sessions purchased in a package or membership have expiration time frames of 1, 3, 6 or 9 months from the date of sale unless otherwise stated. Expired and unused classes or sessions may be reinstated with the activation of a new package or membership.